Beauty Hacks every WOMAN should know2 minute
- If you're short on time or beauty supplies, use lipstick to add some color to your eyes, lips and cheeks. Just blend it in so the glow is subtle.
- Have no energy to take your makeup off at night? Keep some makeup remover on your nightstand. Removing your makeup prevents infections and breakouts, so turn to this extra stash in a pinch.
- Having a battle with fly-away hair? For fine hair, spray a little hairspray on a toothbrush (one you don't use to brush your teeth, of course!) to tame fly-aways along the hair line. For coarse or thick hair, spray hairspray directly on the fly-aways and smooth it with a toothbrush.
- Does your lipstick not last all day? Apply lipstick and then hold a tissue over your lips. Lightly dust translucent powder over the tissue.
- Have you had enough with frizzy hair? After a shower, grab an old but soft tee. Then, pat—don't rub—hair dry. This method will help prevent the breakage and frizz you can get after towel drying.
- Is you mascara dried out? Revive dried mascara with a few drops of contact lenses saline solution. Just toss the mascara if it's more than three months old; otherwise, you may get an eye infection.
- Headed out after work but no time to redo your makeup? Spritz on a face mist. It will help absorb any cakey-looking concealer or foundation. You'll be left with skin that appears fresh and dewy.
- Are you out of makeup remover? One of coconut oils many uses is that it can remove cosmetics. Put some on a cotton pad. Wipe over makeup
- Green tea- In addition to being great when it comes to detoxification, green tea is excellent for skin care. This tea eliminates redness and swelling and helps to remove dark circles.
- Long lasting waves- If you don’t want straight hair, but don’t have time to go to the hairdresser and everything you have on hand is the hair straightener – don’t worry. All you need is to make some braids, and then press the hair straightener over them. Spread the braids and here is the hairstyle!
- Mascara is the perfect eyeliner – You go to work and you realize that you have spent eyeliner. Don’t worry, if you have mascara you can solve the problem! If you have an eyeliner brush, simply grab a little mascara and apply above the eyelashes.
- Long lasting perfume- If you want to keep the fragrance of perfumes longer on the skin it is necessary to apply it immediately after the shower as the humidity of the body will help in this.
GLADYATOR: Meet the twins making a mark in the sustainable fashion field.3 minute
In a time where Climate change is being debated upon, there is a company which takes the most used thing, and makes it safe for the environment, your clothes. Coral Doe was started in 2018 by Aqsa and Tuba Sajjad to make comfortable clothing that is sustainable and ethical. They intend to be 100% sustainable by the end of 2023 and are working well towards it.
The company and the team intends to go a step beyond and create awareness among its users about the need of the hour, sustainable fashion.
We spoke to Aqsa, Coral Doe’s co-founder, and here is her take on being an Entrepreneur and her aspirations.
- Please tell us what being a business owner means to you and why you became an entrepreneur in the first place?
For me, it's about getting to do something I love every single day. It may sound cliche but as a person who suffered from depression, anxiety, and mental health issues, it was very important to my well being to have a reason to wake up and work hard every single day. Coral Doe has brought meaning to my life and has given me something to work for.
Plus, the thought of working for someone else's dream has always been suffocating. It only made sense to become an entrepreneur.
- What or who has been your greatest influence in business and why?
Gary Vee. He's a huge motivation and encourages you to focus on all aspects of your life: professional, personal, and all others.
- What would you say is your greatest professional accomplishment to date?
Growing my business to 2000+ customers in under a year has been the most rewarding experience. Sometimes, I truly can't believe we did this.
- What’s the best advice you have received in business that you wish to pass on to our readers?
I read somewhere: These 5AMs will make you a legend one day.
This has stuck with me since the day I read it. But it's important to take it with a grain of salt. Sometimes, hard work and waking up at 5AM isn't the way to go about it. Sometimes, you have to work smart rather than hard. Also, another good advice is to keep at it and to try to sustain your business in every way if it's something you love. But also to know when to quit. Not all businesses are sustainable and the world isn't ready for every idea yet.
- What has been the most effective marketing initiatives or programs you have used to promote your business?
Word of mouth is always the best way to market your brand. Instagram content and ads have also been great for us.
- What one thing have you learned as a small business owner that has served you well.
Every sale and every customer matters, as a small business owner. It's always lovely to see customers going out of their way to support, review, and comment.
- Are there any resources or tools you’d like to share with other small business owners that have helped you run your business? If yes, please describe.
Gary Vee's videos are a brilliant resource.
Any tool that'll keep your finances organized is important. Invest in a good accounting software. Finances are everything.
- Have you faced any failures? How did you overcome that failure and what did you learn from it?
Everyone faces failure. You either learn from it or you go backwards.
- What do you do for fun/relaxation?
I go to the gym and I read a lot of books. When you have your own business, it's hard to draw boundaries with work. Work never stops. It's always important to force yourself to take a break from work.
- What is the Number One Business Goal you plan to accomplish over the next year?
Expanding into new markets.
Learning more and more business literature.
Diving deeper into sustainable manufacturing and trying to move other brands towards it too.
- If you were to give an advice to a 16 year old you, what would you say?
Find a supportive circle of friends. Invest in people and friendships. It'll go a long way in life.
- How can I be a good leader?
Put your team first. And lead with compassion.
- The last question, what keeps you up at night?
The thought that maybe I should be doing more and working harder (Not a healthy thought at all. I always have to remind myself to give myself credit)