10 Toxic Relationship Signs - What You Need To Watch Out For!4 minute
Relationships are not like a fairy tale you read in a book or see it in a movie. No relationship is perfect, it has its ups and downs. But you should also be able to identify if you are in a good relationship or you are in a toxic relationship. Every relationship starts at a good point. Where there is passion, compassion, and love. But as soon as you start to go deeper in a relationship then the true color emerges of your partner and then you are in a dilemma, is it good or bad? Because this is the same man or woman I loved.
It is not necessary that a weak person only ends up in a toxic relationship. Strong and independent people also end up in a toxic relationship. And some even continue to stay in one for years just hoping that things will change. But always remember that you cannot expect mango from a guava tree. If your relationship makes you feel cared for, respected, loved and free to be yourself then you are in a good relationship. On the other hand, if your relationship makes you feel drained, neglected and left out as your self-pride is being stripped down then you are in a toxic relationship.
Here are 10 signs to show you that you are in a toxic relationship and it is time to let go
- All take no give- when you feel like you are the driving force of the relationship and your partner is not putting any effort into it. Even after pointing it out multiple times, your partner is not ready to change then it is time to let go. Because it will only drain your energy and fill your mind with negative energy.
- Controlling and excessively jealous- When your partner doesn’t let you be yourself. They are always controlling your daily life. Even the sight of you hanging out with friends or staying online till late night makes your partner furious then you need to rethink your relationship.your privacy matters and just because there is a new person in your life. That doesn’t mean that you have to let go of your old life. It is like just being in a prison. It will slowly kill the essence of your soul.
- When there is no privacy- self-love and self-care is the driving force of a soul. And every person has its own environment where he or she feels comfortable in that structure by themselves. If your partner keeps evading your privacy, going through your phone or text history, reading your social media chats. Your partner gets mad just because you liked someone’s pictures on social media. Then it is a toxic behavior. You are an adult and you don’t need 24/7 supervision.
- Constant judgment- everyone wants a person who brings out the best in them. But if your partner is always criticizing your every action in the relationship even when it is not needed. Because when you defend yourself then they get offended and try to explain that they are just trying to help. So always beware of such control freaks who play nice but in reality, they are tearing you down.
- Lack of communication- when there is too much lack of communication in a relationship. Whenever you are trying to talk on some matters and your partner just shuts you out or they become silent. Then it is a toxic relationship. Because without communication there is no relationship.
- Mutual avoidance- when you are your partner keeps avoiding each other. For example, you are eating together and you both are just pretending to be busy on your phones. so you would not need to engage in a conversation. Then your relationship needs an evaluation.
- When you are not able to say “NO”- saying ‘no’ in a relationship is a healthy practice because you cannot agree on every point your partner says. And a loving partner will respect your ‘no’ and appreciate you for it. If you are accepted in a relationship for just saying yes to everything. Then it is time for you to say NO to the relationship itself.
- When you feel very insecure- In a loving relationship, partners always appreciate each other, make each other feel loved, complementing each other. But when you are in a toxic relationship you always feel insecure around your person then it is time to let go.
- Physical or verbal abuse- if there is any kind of physical or verbal abuse in the relationship. Then you should now that it is the end of the line and it is time to break the ice. And run away from the relationship as it will bring severe mental problems.
- When there is no trust, only lies- Trust is a key factor of any relationship, if there is no trust then there is no pint of relationship. Lying just takes away the trust of the relationship. And mistrust in a relationship can turn even healthy people in toxic people. So when you feel it is enough and it cannot be reversed then it is time to break the relationship. Or it will break you.
So these are the important signs to evaluate yourself if you are in a toxic relationship.
There might be an endless reason if you end up in a toxic relationship. Love and happiness always don’t go together. There are times when you have to make sacrifices in a relationship. But if those sacrifices eat away your self-respect happiness and pride, then you are not in a healthy relationship. Because a loving relationship brings a better version of yourself. If you are with a person who makes you feel suffocated then it is time to let go. Because you deserve to feel safe and happy in a relationship.
Feel free to share your experience if you have ever been in a toxic relationship.
The Bois Locker Room: An Instagram Chat Or A Wake-up Call?3 minute
If you’re not already aware of what this case is all about, a group of young boys in Delhi on a private Instagram chat (screenshots of which were shared around later) called “Bois Locker Room” were seen objectifying, degrading, rating, demeaning young girls, sharing their pictures (some of this girls were only 14-15 years old) and even threatening to rape or kill them in case they got exposed.
Screenshots of this group chat were shared across social media platforms - predominantly Instagram and Twitter, after which the school authorities of these students (the 20+ boys) requested the Delhi police to investigate the incident.
The Delhi police have so far found that some students of leading South Delhi schools created the Instagram group in the last week of March and started adding their friends. “A few members are in college. Some of the teens allegedly started sharing photos posted by schoolgirls on their Instagram accounts, and passing sexually explicit comments,” an officer said, adding that the purported chats also included threats of sexual violence.
DCP Anyesh Roy told The Indian Express, “After we came to know, we registered an FIR under Sections 465 (forgery), 471 (using as genuine a forged document or electronic record), 469 (forgery for purpose of harming reputation), 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and Sections 67 (publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form) and 67A (publishing or transmitting of material containing sexually explicit act in electronic form) of the IT Act.
The case is still under investigation. But..
All the right things that could’ve gone wrong:
First off, the boys on the group chat threatened some of the girls to rape, kill, and humiliate them if they dared to share any of this information with anyone. But the girls, being well-educated (and smart) enough to know that no such thing could actually take place if a complaint was lodged, went ahead to expose them anyways. But you see, things like this happen EVERY DAY and young girls are often a) either too ignorant to pay attention and brush off these issues as “minor” or b) scared of the empty threats that honestly have no real follow-throughs.
Second, the school authorities specifically requested the police to investigate the incident. Now again, this may not have happened in many other cases. A lot of times, any kind of vulgar behaviour, especially in schools and colleges in India, is looked upon as high risk to the reputations of these institutions so they prefer to sweep it all under a carpet.
And third, social shaming. In cases like these, we bless the speed of the internet. Social media fastens the process of information spreading, and it is necessary for people to acknowledge this pro of social media platforms. But more often than not, a lot of serious issues may be lost under all that is glitter and jolly good, unicorns and rainbows - But this piece of incident DIDN’T. Imagine the number of people that want to have a voice to socially bring shame to their oppressors, but are unsuccessful. At least this one caught the eye - and the punishment of being recognized as a “so and so” in case of this incident will stick with the boys for a lifetime.
Now, the case is under investigation, and a judgment has not yet been made. But it’s clear to the general audience that since some of the girls (whose pictures had been shared on the group chat) were underage, this is child porn. So not only are what these boys doing morally incorrect, but also illegal under IP section 292, 293.
We hope for the best outcomes.
What Is Herd Immunity? Everything You Need To Know2 minute
Picture a herd or community of healthy people. An infectious virus or disease would pass easily through the community from person to person. Vaccines train our immune system to protect us from diseases it hasn’t come in contact with before. For example, the MMR vaccine provides immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. During an outbreak of a disease, vaccinated people will remain healthy. As they won't become infected, they won't pass on the disease. Hence, if most of the community is vaccinated, it makes it difficult for the disease to actually spread to the rest of the community. This is the basis of herd immunity.
If most people in the community are not vaccinated, herd immunity can break down, allowing the disease to spread more easily.
Herd immunity becomes especially important for the individuals in a herd who can't be vaccinated. These could be people who are either too old, too young or have weaker immune systems
Herd Immunity without Vaccination: Another way the building of herd immunity could happen is if many people contract the disease and in time build up an immune response to it (natural immunity). In this case, the herd would have to be fit enough to contract the disease, survive it and then become immune towards it.
It is important to note that in order for herd immunity to take action, the disease/virus must be categorized as a Contagious one. (capable of spreading)
COVID-19 and Herd Immunity In India
Renowned Immunologist and Cell Biologist Dipyaman Ganguly has said that one of the only hopes in defeating the novel coronavirus is by developing ‘herd immunity,’
In an interview with news9, he said, “This coronavirus is not going anywhere. Viruses don’t go anywhere. They may become weak but its strand remains. The virus will keep infecting people until a large population develops immunity against it.”
He has also stated that immunity could only be achieved through a vaccine or by getting infected by the virus. “Since developing a vaccine for COVID-19 is not an easy task and it is unlikely that we will get one soon, the only hope that remains is that of herd immunity and it is bound to happen.”
Explaining the idea of herd immunity further, he said, “The virus is going to infect a large number of populations in India. When a large number of people get infected, their bodies will develop natural immunity. They will stop the virus from spreading further by breaking the chain of infections transmitted from one person to another.” “Since I am closely monitoring the situation, I am sure that we are moving towards herd immunity,” he added.
Studying infection trends in India, he said that most coronavirus cases will be asymptomatic. Patients will recover through natural immunity and vitamin boosting medication suggested by doctors. However, those with existing health conditions could develop severe complications as the virus is shown to aggravate symptoms.