11 Amazing Dessert places in Namma Bengaluru5 minute
How many of us don’t like desserts? Well… none because we love them. I mean who couldn’t fall in love with something that gives you amazing food-gasms. Most of us have a sweet tooth and are constantly in search of a place to satisfy these cravings, so here we are with 13 best places that serve you yummi-licious desserts. Statutory warning: you might end up licking your fingers.
- Belgyum –
Belgyum is a waffle place that has two outlets, one in Whitefield and another in Koramangala. This place is famous for its delicious waffles and drinks. The ambience is great, the place is not that big but it sure is enough to fulfil your cravings. All the parents out there who are tired of their children whining about chocolates and ice-creams, this is the place for you. The best sellers in the menu are the Belgium waffles, Nutella waffles, Cappuccino and Hot chocolate.
Price- Rs.400 for two
- Milano Ice-cream –
Gelato rings a lot of bells, doesn’t it? The very beautiful Italy, the place from where gelato originated. Milano has its outlets at Indiranagar and Jayanagar. It aims at bringing the true taste of Italy, and it definitely stands out in its own way. With a wide range of flavours to choose from with and the fancy popsicles that look amazingly tempting. The ice-cream sandwiches, cheesecakes and obviously the gelato is to die for. This place is a must try for all the gelato lovers out there, because hands down this is the best place serving gelato in Bangalore.
Price- Rs. 400 for two
- Art of Delight –
We all know how delightful this place is. Art of delight has many outlets, but the residency outlet in one of their best. The ambience is lovely with a cute décor. There are a lot of college students who usually hang out at this place. The bestsellers here are the waffles, Nutella Cheesecake, Chocolate Sundae, Masala Chai and the Mango ice-cream. The Sundae options are a must try because there is nothing like too much chocolate, we all love chocolate…don’t we?
Price- Rs.400 for two
- Dolci –
Dolci is a cute café that is placed at Vasanth Nagar and has a refreshing décor. This place is a bit expensive compared to the other places within the area, but it is worth paying so much and getting a wonderful delight and a happy belly at the end. The most liked desserts here are Cheesecakes, Tiramisu and Éclair. They also have a really good menu when it comes to pastas and pizzas as well.
Price- Rs.750 for two
- Haagen Daz –
When you go to a mall, you will definitely find a Haagen Daz there, and when you find it there you should definitely go and try out their amazing desserts. Haagen Daz is quite expensive, but again the quality of their desserts and ice-creams are really good. We can find Haagen Daz outlets in Forum Mall- Koramangala, Orion mall- Rajajinagar or Phoenix Market City- Mahadevapura. Belgium Chocolate, waffles, chocolate sundae and chocolate bomb are one of the favourite desserts of Haagen Daz.
Price- Rs.800 for two
Rating- 4.0/ 5
- Smoor –
Smoor has one of the best chocolates in town, it has a very classy décor and a lovely ambience. If there’s anyone out there who wants to taste really succulent and dense chocolates and pastries, this is the place with you. Smoor right now is located in Indiranagar as well as Church Street. The place serves the best chocolate pastries, macaroons, cheesecakes, coffee and cakes. We definitely recommend you to try out this place, the prices are slightly on the higher side but their desserts are worth spending so much on.
Price- Rs.900 for two
- Marzipan Café and Bakery –
Unlike the other café’s, this café is quite spacious and is located at Ulsoor road. They specialize in Mediterranean and Greek cuisine. It has a very cozy ambience and a great decor. As soon as you enter the place, you can smell the lovely desserts and coffee. Hot Chocolate and Moussaka are must haves, other than that coffee, cheesecakes and pasta are also one of the bestsellers.
Price- Rs.900 for two
- Lazy Suzy –
This place gives you a wanderlust feel, with the quirky blue interiors and fancy decors all around the place. This place is at Indiranagar and looks lovely from outside. The desserts are great here, but they also have really good breakfast options to check out. It is one of the best cafes in Indiranagar and their pancakes and hazelnut hot chocolate take you to a completely different world. The place is expensive, make sure you go in with an empty tummy and pockets full.
Price- Rs.1000 for two
- Glen’s Bakehouse –
This place does ring a lot of bells, Glen’s is very famous for their desserts especially their red velvet cupcakes. As soon as you take your first bite, the cupcake just melts in your mouth, you fall in love with them and definitely come back for more. Other than this, their macaroons and cheesecakes are a must try. They have their outlets in Indiranagar, Koramangala, Whitefield and Lavelle’s road. As soon as you enter Glen’s, you get a very warm feeling and the ambience of the place is amazing that you cannot resist going back there consistently.
Price- Rs.600 for two
- Stoner –
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE-CREAM! Stoner is one such place that serves really good flavours of ice-cream and have you going gaga over their sundae collections. They are also famous for inventing the Bira Blast, that is made from Bira and vanilla ice-cream. Their Tiramisu ice- cream and Ferrero Rocher ice-cream are the best sellers. Pizza, waffles and caramel custard also tops their list. The ambience is good, overall, it’s a great place for ice-cream lovers. They have their outlets in Indiranagar, Koramangala and Whitefield.
Price- Rs.500 for two
- Corner house –
Corner house is one of the most famous ice-cream spots in Bangalore, it has been there since 1982. It is one of the oldest and most loved places when it comes to ice-creams. They have their outlets in various places in and around Bangalore. If you ever go to Corner House, the first thing that ever comes to your mind is the signature DBC. Death By Chocolate has been a number 1 ice-cream and Bengaluru’s favourite. The ambience of the place is good, you can smell their chocolate sauce right from when you enter inside the place. The other bestsellers on the house are Hot Chocolate Fudge, Almond Fudge, Banana Split and Brownie Fudge.
Price- Rs.350 for two
These are some of the places that we loved for their amazing and mouth-watering desserts, if you know any other place like this or had a wonderful experience just like us? Then do write in the comment section below and keep loving us!
20 Ideas To Celebrate Random Acts Of Kindness Day 20204 minute
How is that a day such as Valentine’s is glorified to an extent that the biggest hollywood celebrities engage in it so very eagerly but a day that is dedicated solely for the purpose of making the least bit difference and giving back to society barely makes it to the holiday calendar?
Random Act of Kindness week starts on the 17th of february every year and gives you 7 sweet days to do something nice (for a friend, for the society or even for the environment) in a way that not just creates an impact, but multiplies your effort by driving people to do nice, be kind often and remember that deeds are superior if performed for the collective good of people.
20 of the SIMPLEST Ideas to celebrate Random Act Of Kindness Week:
- Compliment a Stranger. A simple “Woah, cool sweater!” could literally make someone’s day, and you would lose nothing.
- Cook for someone who feeds you everyday (Ideally your mom/dad or cook). Every great cook is so used to feeding other people’s bellies everyday and deserves to be pampered with food too- the smile on this person’s face when you cook them a meal will make your day along with theirs.
- Lend a friend one of your favorite reads. It’s a great way of saying “Here’s a piece of me, thanks for existing” - without actually having to say it.
- Write a review. What are the 10 best places to get some kickass biryani? Or which are the most pet-friendly places to visit in your city? Any knowledge is great knowledge - get it up on the gram, or you know, on Glo. I’m sure you’ll at least help one person decide on his next outing.
- Call a lonely relative and attempt to make them laugh.
- Donate Blood- thousands out there need blood. If you don’t know where to begin, look up https://scoophub.in/top-10-best-blood-donation-organizations-in-india/.
- Repost your friend/following’s businesses to spread the word. If they get one extra follower because of you, you’ve succeeded.
- Pick up litter that you didn’t throw out.
- Spend a day at an old age home. Been there, done this and the joy on their faces will bring you happiness that’s truly unmatched.
- Send colouring books to children at an orphanage/ sick children at the hospital. Dunzo it (use a local delivery service) if you can't physically go there.
- Take initiative to make breakfast and get your whole family together on the dining table. Make it a whole event. Indulging in family time is a wonderful act of kindness.
12. Leave your waiter a generous tip.
13. Help a neighbour/friend clean their room. Or backyard.
14. Use your savings to fund a child’s education for a whole academic year. You’ll be surprised to know that it’s quite the pocket-friendly deed.
Click to know just how easy it is: https://bit.ly/37BfaCw
15. Get a haircut. Donate your hair after: Way to turn an act of kindness into a cute makeover!
16. Be kind to the environment. Walk/Cycle/Carpool to work instead of taking a cab or an auto
17. Make a kindness pledge/list- one that is flexible and can be practiced at least once every week.
18. Pay for a co-worker’s lunch.
19. Do something kind for yourself. Read a book. Watch an old favorite movie. Eat healthy, gut-friendly foods. Write a letter to your future self. Take a leap you’ve been meaning to.
20. Let people know of the day. Celebrate Kindness.
Super Bowl 2020: Extremity In The Name Of Culture?2 minute
After a great game of an outstanding comeback by Kansas City Chiefs (Vs San Francisco 49ers) in Super Bowl LIV, the crowd seemed to be inclined towards debating a rather isolated issue than the game itself: Was the halftime performance by Hollywood’s beloved superstars Shakira and Jennifer Lopez obscene?
The two set the stage on fire and how! (Although, this might seem to have contradicted the opinion of the majority)
What the audience found and I quote “terribly disturbing”:
The broadcast featured the two stars in costumes showcasing their buttocks, pole dancing and grabbing their crotch multiple times on stage- all interpreted as ruthless objectification of women by two of the most influential women in the world.
A famous reporter of the Golf Channel even went ahead and tweeted: “Stop dancing on a stripper pole on the biggest stage and then complain about how often we get sexualised.. The hypocrisy of wanting to not be seen as sex symbols but then wearing outfits and choosing overtly sexual choreography has me very confused”
An audience full of young parents on the other hand had their own issues with regard to how something like THE Super Bowl, an event supposedly aired for all age groups to enjoy could have a performance such as this as if it were the 'new normal’.
The halftime show featuring Shakira and Jennifer Lopez seemed to garner more buzz than the game itself. (What!?) At some point, little children were showcased in cages- all seen as a political statement about President Trump’s immigration policy - but the whole pole dancing and stimulated sex gestures were viewed as most offensive.
Prolife advocate Abby Johnson tweeted, “On the day of the highest rate of sex trafficking, the NFL says, ‘Hey, let’s have two women dance half naked and get a bunch of zoomed in crotch shots of them. That’s female empowerment!’ Do they have no clue that they just contributed to the commodification of women?” Even though a lot of folks said they loved the energy and called the two Latina’s performances “historic”, the popular opinion seems to have been this: misrepresentation of an entire culture on one of the biggest stages airing worldwide.
The performance might have not appeared to be “family friendly” to a few but did it deserve a statement as harsh as “This exhibition was Pepsi showing young girls that sexual exploitation of women is OK”?