2020 is the year of sequels and comedy5 minute
2019 ended with a bang for some of us and also marked as an end of a decade. 2020 is here and already turning out to be amazing for most of us. We witnessed some really good movies in 2019 like Good Newz, Mardani 2, Bala, War and many others. The year 2020 also has a lot in its store for us and especially in the movie genre. Here are some of the Bollywood movies that we are definitely looking out for that will definitely make this year as amazing as the previous one.
- Chhapak –
Chhapaak is the story of a real-life story of an acid-attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal. Deepika Padukone is playing the role of Laxmi and the trailer has already garnered a lot of attention world-wide. The movie is directed by Raazi fame Meghna Gulzar who has been doing tremendously well in the last few years. The movie is all set to hit the theatres on the 10th of January which is also going to be one of the first movie of 2020.
- Aaj Kal –
We all have witnessed the cute chemistry that Kartik Aryan and Sara Ali Khan share especially after Sara openly admitted that she had a crush on Kartik Aryan at Koffee with Karan. So, here we are with both of them in a movie which is a sequel to Love Aaj Kal. Imtiaz Ali directed the first movie and has directed this one as well, we all have been a fan of his movies like Jab We Met, Cocktail and Rockstar. The movie is scheduled to release on the 14th of February that is Valentine’s day. A.R Rahman’s music, Imtiaz Ali’s direction and Valentine’s day… definitely sounds like a perfect movie date with your partner.
- Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan –
Ayushmann Khurrana has given us back to back hits in the recent times with Andhadhun, Article 15, Dream Girl and Bala. Shubh Mangal Saavdhan was a hit in theatres and that is why the directors decided to come up with twist for the second part. Shubh Mangal Zyaadha Saavdhan is a romantic drama and is a story of two people who fall in love with each other but a twist. It also stars Jitendra Kumar in the lead role along with Neena Gupta and Sunita Rajwar. With the choice of movies that Ayushmann has been making in the last few years, this movie should definitely be on your list. It is all set to release on the 21st of February in India.
- Gulabo Sitabo –
Another back to back release of Ayushmann Khurrana along with Amitabh Bachchan is all set to hit the theatres on the 28th of February 2020. It is a family drama and the first look itself has us all excited. Amitabh Bachchan has dotted and unrecognizable look in the film and it will be amazing to see the combination of Shoojit Sircar and Amitabh Bachchan yet again after Piku. The movie is a quirky family drama and it is the first time the audience will be witnessing Ayushmann Khurrana and Amitabh Bachchan together.
- Angrezi Medium –
Angrezi Medium is a sequel to Hindi Medium that was released in 2017. The movie became a hit and also was appreciated because of its storyline and great actors. Angrezi Medium is also being produced on the same lines and is being directed by Homi Adjania. The movie stars Irrfan Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Radhika Madan in the lead. Irrfan Khan was diagnosed with Neuroendocrine cancer and has been under treatment since 2018. The shooting of the film was started early in 2019 and is all set to release on the 20th of March 2020.
- ’83 –
After witnessing the helicopter shot in the theatre it is not time to witness the Natraj shot on the big screen. If you are wondering whom we are talking about, then it is the one and only Kapil Dev. ’83 is a biopic based on Kapil Dev and his life, and about India’s World Cup victory in the year 1983. Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone will be seen for the first time on screen as a couple after their wedding and it will be amazing to watch one of your favourite celebrity couple together on the big screen. The film is directed by Kabir Khan and is expected to release on the 10th of April 2020.
- Brahmastra –
Brahmastra has been talked about in the industry for quite some time now. The film started its production in 2017 and is all set to release in the month of May. Brahmastra is India’s first film to be launched in a trilogy and is one of written and directed by Ayan Mukerji. The film is believed to be a romantic fairy-tale with a supernatural element in store. The film’s cast has Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Amitabh Bachchan, Mouni Roy and Akkineni Nagarjuna in the lead roles. Since, it is being released in the format of a trilogy, the first instalment will be released in May 2020. We all are looking forward to this movie because of the fine actors that are present in the movie.
- Sadak 2 –
We all remember the charming Sanjay Dutt and beautiful Pooja Bhatt in Sadak that came in the year 1991 and became a hit. Sadak 2 is a sequel of Sadak and the teaser hints a leap from the first part continuing to the second. Sadak 2 again stars Sanjay Dutt and Pooja Bhatt with Alia Bhatt and Aditya Roy Kapur. It is being produced by Vishesh Films and directed by Mahesh Bhatt who is the father of Pooja Bhatt and Alia Bhatt. It is the first time that we’re witnessing the Bhatt sisters together on the screen and it will be amazing to watch the chemistry that they share on screen. The movie will be hitting theatres on the 10th of July 2020.
- Bhool Bhulaiya 2 –
Bhool Bhulaiya was released in 2007 with Akshay Kumar, Shiney Ahuja and Vidya Balan in pivotal roles. The movie was a horror-comedy and was loved by the audience, specially the character of Dr. Aditya Shrivastav. Bhool Bhulaiya 2 is the sequel for the first part and stars Kartik Aryan and Kiara Advani in the lead. In the recent times, Kartik Aryan has been referred as the next Akshay Kumar owing to his acting and the choice of his movies. With Bhool Bhulaiya being a sequel to Akshay Kumar’s movie, let us see if Kartik Aryan wins our hearts and manages to tickle our bones in this one.
Jersey is a Remake of the Telugu Hit film which Starred Nani and Shraddha Srinath in the lead roles. It is a sports drama that was listed as one of the best films of 2019 in Telugu. It is the story of a doting father who also is a talented yet has a failed cricket career. The movie is all about how he manages to return to the Indian Cricket team just to fulfil his son’s wish of a Jersey. The Hindi remake has Shahid Kapoor and Mrunal Thakur playing the lead. The film has already started its production and is expected to release in August 2020.
Already seems exciting right? We are also as excited as you are, this year is definitely going to be filled with a lot of comedy, drama and emotions. Do let us know the movie that you are most excited for in the comments section below.
20 Ideas To Celebrate Random Acts Of Kindness Day 20204 minute
How is that a day such as Valentine’s is glorified to an extent that the biggest hollywood celebrities engage in it so very eagerly but a day that is dedicated solely for the purpose of making the least bit difference and giving back to society barely makes it to the holiday calendar?
Random Act of Kindness week starts on the 17th of february every year and gives you 7 sweet days to do something nice (for a friend, for the society or even for the environment) in a way that not just creates an impact, but multiplies your effort by driving people to do nice, be kind often and remember that deeds are superior if performed for the collective good of people.
20 of the SIMPLEST Ideas to celebrate Random Act Of Kindness Week:
- Compliment a Stranger. A simple “Woah, cool sweater!” could literally make someone’s day, and you would lose nothing.
- Cook for someone who feeds you everyday (Ideally your mom/dad or cook). Every great cook is so used to feeding other people’s bellies everyday and deserves to be pampered with food too- the smile on this person’s face when you cook them a meal will make your day along with theirs.
- Lend a friend one of your favorite reads. It’s a great way of saying “Here’s a piece of me, thanks for existing” - without actually having to say it.
- Write a review. What are the 10 best places to get some kickass biryani? Or which are the most pet-friendly places to visit in your city? Any knowledge is great knowledge - get it up on the gram, or you know, on Glo. I’m sure you’ll at least help one person decide on his next outing.
- Call a lonely relative and attempt to make them laugh.
- Donate Blood- thousands out there need blood. If you don’t know where to begin, look up https://scoophub.in/top-10-best-blood-donation-organizations-in-india/.
- Repost your friend/following’s businesses to spread the word. If they get one extra follower because of you, you’ve succeeded.
- Pick up litter that you didn’t throw out.
- Spend a day at an old age home. Been there, done this and the joy on their faces will bring you happiness that’s truly unmatched.
- Send colouring books to children at an orphanage/ sick children at the hospital. Dunzo it (use a local delivery service) if you can't physically go there.
- Take initiative to make breakfast and get your whole family together on the dining table. Make it a whole event. Indulging in family time is a wonderful act of kindness.
12. Leave your waiter a generous tip.
13. Help a neighbour/friend clean their room. Or backyard.
14. Use your savings to fund a child’s education for a whole academic year. You’ll be surprised to know that it’s quite the pocket-friendly deed.
Click to know just how easy it is: https://bit.ly/37BfaCw
15. Get a haircut. Donate your hair after: Way to turn an act of kindness into a cute makeover!
16. Be kind to the environment. Walk/Cycle/Carpool to work instead of taking a cab or an auto
17. Make a kindness pledge/list- one that is flexible and can be practiced at least once every week.
18. Pay for a co-worker’s lunch.
19. Do something kind for yourself. Read a book. Watch an old favorite movie. Eat healthy, gut-friendly foods. Write a letter to your future self. Take a leap you’ve been meaning to.
20. Let people know of the day. Celebrate Kindness.
Super Bowl 2020: Extremity In The Name Of Culture?2 minute
After a great game of an outstanding comeback by Kansas City Chiefs (Vs San Francisco 49ers) in Super Bowl LIV, the crowd seemed to be inclined towards debating a rather isolated issue than the game itself: Was the halftime performance by Hollywood’s beloved superstars Shakira and Jennifer Lopez obscene?
The two set the stage on fire and how! (Although, this might seem to have contradicted the opinion of the majority)
What the audience found and I quote “terribly disturbing”:
The broadcast featured the two stars in costumes showcasing their buttocks, pole dancing and grabbing their crotch multiple times on stage- all interpreted as ruthless objectification of women by two of the most influential women in the world.
A famous reporter of the Golf Channel even went ahead and tweeted: “Stop dancing on a stripper pole on the biggest stage and then complain about how often we get sexualised.. The hypocrisy of wanting to not be seen as sex symbols but then wearing outfits and choosing overtly sexual choreography has me very confused”
An audience full of young parents on the other hand had their own issues with regard to how something like THE Super Bowl, an event supposedly aired for all age groups to enjoy could have a performance such as this as if it were the 'new normal’.
The halftime show featuring Shakira and Jennifer Lopez seemed to garner more buzz than the game itself. (What!?) At some point, little children were showcased in cages- all seen as a political statement about President Trump’s immigration policy - but the whole pole dancing and stimulated sex gestures were viewed as most offensive.
Prolife advocate Abby Johnson tweeted, “On the day of the highest rate of sex trafficking, the NFL says, ‘Hey, let’s have two women dance half naked and get a bunch of zoomed in crotch shots of them. That’s female empowerment!’ Do they have no clue that they just contributed to the commodification of women?” Even though a lot of folks said they loved the energy and called the two Latina’s performances “historic”, the popular opinion seems to have been this: misrepresentation of an entire culture on one of the biggest stages airing worldwide.
The performance might have not appeared to be “family friendly” to a few but did it deserve a statement as harsh as “This exhibition was Pepsi showing young girls that sexual exploitation of women is OK”?