7 ways emotional intelligence(EQ) makes you a better person4 minute
When I imagine myself sitting on the moon and observing human civilisation, I find it to be extremely diverse. Some people are very good at what they do. Some of them are good at their jobs and some of them are good at sports or studies or arts and music. We're constantly exploring the vast universe. But when it comes to emotional intelligence(EQ), it is sad to say that most of us lack it. So compassionate human civilization is slowly turning into a robot uprise.
Let me tell you how I have observed human evolution through time and what I think we lack. When it comes to personal lives, some things are appropriate for you and some are not. The social interaction in our lives determine the fate of our interpersonal relationships. Either with family, friends, life partners or any other social relationship, EQ plays a key role. It is the ability to understand the emotions of ourselves as well as that of others.
So if you want to be a better life partner or an easier roommate to live with or wish to have fruitful relationships with your family and friends then it is never too late to start introspecting. It doesn’t matter if you were emotionally unavailable in the past. I have gathered for you, the 7 most important ways in which EQ boosts your emotional and social bowl and believe me, what I have observed so far will make your life at least a tad bit more prosperous.
- It helps you accept criticism- We are often furious about criticism because rather than taking it as positive feedback we take offence. It is important to always be prepared to accept criticism with open arms because it will help you and your partner grow together and become a better version of yourself. This way you can find out what your partner likes about you and what changes you can make. So never take constructive criticism personally.
- It makes you a better listener- The key to a healthy romantic relationship is being a good listener. This way you can be in a relationship for a long time. Not listening will only lead to resenting each other. And you will get tired of your partner. Listening helps you understand the needs and emotions of your partner.
- It makes you open to change- One thing I have observed is that humans are so afraid of change that they prefer to be in a set structure. Change in life is a constant thing. Whether it's your career or your personality or your hairstyle. So try to appreciate change and embrace it rather than running away from it.
- It helps you see good in one another- We as humans are prone to negativity. You must have experienced it in your life. But EQ can make you see the good in your partner. You can evaluate that when they are taking you for granted.
- It helps you stay committed- In a healthy and long term relationship, staying committed is a real challenge. Emotional intelligence helps you understand the loss of your partners so that you stay invested in them. Research shows that most successful marriages or relationships have one thing in common, i.e. EQ.
- It makes you better at sharing- We often struggle with sharing our space, like with roommates, for example. It can be difficult to share your space and things with your roommates. EQ helps you understand that the other person has the same needs as you. But this doesn't mean that there should be no boundaries. There's a fine line between sharing and occupying.
- It makes you more mindful- Being mindful is an important aspect of any relationship. In fact, EQ and mindfulness have a symbiotic relationship. EQ helps you understand it. You can evaluate how screaming or slamming the door in someone's face would negatively impact their day. Now compare it with a calm conversation and how rich your relationship would be if you choose the other way. Which way will take your relationship in the long run in both these cases?
Building EQ doesn’t just make you good at your relationships but you evolve into a better person. So it is time to break that robotic barrier and tackle your emotions and needs in a different way. Because there is not a fixed answer for everything. In EQ you make your own answers.
Let me know in the comments how you feel about it. By the way, the earth looks pretty gorgeous from up here and so do you.
20 Ideas To Celebrate Random Acts Of Kindness Day 20204 minute
How is that a day such as Valentine’s is glorified to an extent that the biggest hollywood celebrities engage in it so very eagerly but a day that is dedicated solely for the purpose of making the least bit difference and giving back to society barely makes it to the holiday calendar?
Random Act of Kindness week starts on the 17th of february every year and gives you 7 sweet days to do something nice (for a friend, for the society or even for the environment) in a way that not just creates an impact, but multiplies your effort by driving people to do nice, be kind often and remember that deeds are superior if performed for the collective good of people.
20 of the SIMPLEST Ideas to celebrate Random Act Of Kindness Week:
- Compliment a Stranger. A simple “Woah, cool sweater!” could literally make someone’s day, and you would lose nothing.
- Cook for someone who feeds you everyday (Ideally your mom/dad or cook). Every great cook is so used to feeding other people’s bellies everyday and deserves to be pampered with food too- the smile on this person’s face when you cook them a meal will make your day along with theirs.
- Lend a friend one of your favorite reads. It’s a great way of saying “Here’s a piece of me, thanks for existing” - without actually having to say it.
- Write a review. What are the 10 best places to get some kickass biryani? Or which are the most pet-friendly places to visit in your city? Any knowledge is great knowledge - get it up on the gram, or you know, on Glo. I’m sure you’ll at least help one person decide on his next outing.
- Call a lonely relative and attempt to make them laugh.
- Donate Blood- thousands out there need blood. If you don’t know where to begin, look up https://scoophub.in/top-10-best-blood-donation-organizations-in-india/.
- Repost your friend/following’s businesses to spread the word. If they get one extra follower because of you, you’ve succeeded.
- Pick up litter that you didn’t throw out.
- Spend a day at an old age home. Been there, done this and the joy on their faces will bring you happiness that’s truly unmatched.
- Send colouring books to children at an orphanage/ sick children at the hospital. Dunzo it (use a local delivery service) if you can't physically go there.
- Take initiative to make breakfast and get your whole family together on the dining table. Make it a whole event. Indulging in family time is a wonderful act of kindness.
12. Leave your waiter a generous tip.
13. Help a neighbour/friend clean their room. Or backyard.
14. Use your savings to fund a child’s education for a whole academic year. You’ll be surprised to know that it’s quite the pocket-friendly deed.
Click to know just how easy it is: https://bit.ly/37BfaCw
15. Get a haircut. Donate your hair after: Way to turn an act of kindness into a cute makeover!
16. Be kind to the environment. Walk/Cycle/Carpool to work instead of taking a cab or an auto
17. Make a kindness pledge/list- one that is flexible and can be practiced at least once every week.
18. Pay for a co-worker’s lunch.
19. Do something kind for yourself. Read a book. Watch an old favorite movie. Eat healthy, gut-friendly foods. Write a letter to your future self. Take a leap you’ve been meaning to.
20. Let people know of the day. Celebrate Kindness.
Super Bowl 2020: Extremity In The Name Of Culture?2 minute
After a great game of an outstanding comeback by Kansas City Chiefs (Vs San Francisco 49ers) in Super Bowl LIV, the crowd seemed to be inclined towards debating a rather isolated issue than the game itself: Was the halftime performance by Hollywood’s beloved superstars Shakira and Jennifer Lopez obscene?
The two set the stage on fire and how! (Although, this might seem to have contradicted the opinion of the majority)
What the audience found and I quote “terribly disturbing”:
The broadcast featured the two stars in costumes showcasing their buttocks, pole dancing and grabbing their crotch multiple times on stage- all interpreted as ruthless objectification of women by two of the most influential women in the world.
A famous reporter of the Golf Channel even went ahead and tweeted: “Stop dancing on a stripper pole on the biggest stage and then complain about how often we get sexualised.. The hypocrisy of wanting to not be seen as sex symbols but then wearing outfits and choosing overtly sexual choreography has me very confused”
An audience full of young parents on the other hand had their own issues with regard to how something like THE Super Bowl, an event supposedly aired for all age groups to enjoy could have a performance such as this as if it were the 'new normal’.
The halftime show featuring Shakira and Jennifer Lopez seemed to garner more buzz than the game itself. (What!?) At some point, little children were showcased in cages- all seen as a political statement about President Trump’s immigration policy - but the whole pole dancing and stimulated sex gestures were viewed as most offensive.
Prolife advocate Abby Johnson tweeted, “On the day of the highest rate of sex trafficking, the NFL says, ‘Hey, let’s have two women dance half naked and get a bunch of zoomed in crotch shots of them. That’s female empowerment!’ Do they have no clue that they just contributed to the commodification of women?” Even though a lot of folks said they loved the energy and called the two Latina’s performances “historic”, the popular opinion seems to have been this: misrepresentation of an entire culture on one of the biggest stages airing worldwide.
The performance might have not appeared to be “family friendly” to a few but did it deserve a statement as harsh as “This exhibition was Pepsi showing young girls that sexual exploitation of women is OK”?