9 important things to know for women solo traveler4 minute
The year 2019 has been a good year for Indian woman travelers. There has been an increase in the number of female solo travelers in India. It is the saying of the old days that it is impossible for Indian women to travel alone. But Indian women are breaking that stigma and they are breaking it with style. No doubt that there will be too much pressure from family and society. You will be judged numerous times. But never let them pull your leg. And you have the potential to rise and shine.
If you are tired of traveling with family and friends and want to explore the horizons by yourself. Then no need to worry, I have 9 key essential things which you can keep in mind if you want to go on solo travel. And you will have experience and memories that will last a lifetime. So pack your bags and be ready to rock and roll.
- Do your research- It is always important to research the place you are traveling. Gather information regarding the demography of the place. Culture and safety of that region. If you are traveling abroad then find out the visa and exchange rate information. Do not make it too complex, but try to have information about basic things. It will come in handy.
- Pack light- always pack light. Because it will help you stay charged and you can move easily. You might get in different kinds of terrains, so if you will pack light then you will avoid a lot of trouble. Pack only necessary items. Few clothes according to the weather of the place. And you are good to go. Always keep an extra pair of pads if you are expecting your periods. If you are on any particular medication then always keep the stock because you might not be able to find it where you are going.
- Plan your first day- Always try to reach your destination at noon only. Then you will have the whole night to rest and you will start your next day will a whole level of new energy. If your accommodation is far from the airport or railway station then it might be a problem at night to reach the hotel. So it is always good to reach your destination at noontime itself.
- Share your itinerary with someone you trust- Always keep one trusted friend or family member in the loop when you are traveling alone. Keep them informed about the details of your stay and transportation. In case you will land in any kind of trouble. It will be easy for them to track you down. Also, stay in touch with social media, keep updating your travel journey. This way your well-wishers would know that you are safe and sound.
- Blend in- research about the place you are visiting and try to blend in their culture. Act as you are local this way you will not draw too much attention. Try local things like clothes. Shop and eat at local markets.
- Travel during the daytime if possible- if you are going from one place to another place and if it is long hours journey. Then try to do it during the daytime. Because in the night time, you will be more prone to any incident. Never hitchhike during night time. Even during the daytime hitchhike if that particular region is said to be safe for girls.
- Keep an eye out for your belongings- Always keep your important belongings like phone, wallet, camera, passport in a secure place. Keep an extra copy of your documents with your trusted contact. In crowded places, do not keep it in your general bags or too much exposed. Like, keep these things in the middle pocket of the bag so there will be less chance of pick pocketing. Only take out these things when necessary. Keep your camera strapped to your shoulder or hands.
Trust your instinct- If you ever feel like something is weird about the specific place. Or you feel threatened by a certain person. Then get out of there immediately. Because it is better to be presumptive then regret it later. Because when you are traveling alone, safety is most important because you will not have any immediate backup. So whenever you feel something is fishy then get out there immediately.
- Always be open to changes- You should always keep one thing in mind that travel doesn't always go as planned. You might face sudden changes in your accommodation or transportation. Do not panic in such moments and analyze the situation calmly. Keep your safety on the top.
So solo travel is not difficult, that you hear from your family and friends. In solo travel, you learn and explore a lot. You have the command at your hand. This also brings the best in you. So stay aware and stay safe and keep exploring.
20 Ideas To Celebrate Random Acts Of Kindness Day 20204 minute
How is that a day such as Valentine’s is glorified to an extent that the biggest hollywood celebrities engage in it so very eagerly but a day that is dedicated solely for the purpose of making the least bit difference and giving back to society barely makes it to the holiday calendar?
Random Act of Kindness week starts on the 17th of february every year and gives you 7 sweet days to do something nice (for a friend, for the society or even for the environment) in a way that not just creates an impact, but multiplies your effort by driving people to do nice, be kind often and remember that deeds are superior if performed for the collective good of people.
20 of the SIMPLEST Ideas to celebrate Random Act Of Kindness Week:
- Compliment a Stranger. A simple “Woah, cool sweater!” could literally make someone’s day, and you would lose nothing.
- Cook for someone who feeds you everyday (Ideally your mom/dad or cook). Every great cook is so used to feeding other people’s bellies everyday and deserves to be pampered with food too- the smile on this person’s face when you cook them a meal will make your day along with theirs.
- Lend a friend one of your favorite reads. It’s a great way of saying “Here’s a piece of me, thanks for existing” - without actually having to say it.
- Write a review. What are the 10 best places to get some kickass biryani? Or which are the most pet-friendly places to visit in your city? Any knowledge is great knowledge - get it up on the gram, or you know, on Glo. I’m sure you’ll at least help one person decide on his next outing.
- Call a lonely relative and attempt to make them laugh.
- Donate Blood- thousands out there need blood. If you don’t know where to begin, look up https://scoophub.in/top-10-best-blood-donation-organizations-in-india/.
- Repost your friend/following’s businesses to spread the word. If they get one extra follower because of you, you’ve succeeded.
- Pick up litter that you didn’t throw out.
- Spend a day at an old age home. Been there, done this and the joy on their faces will bring you happiness that’s truly unmatched.
- Send colouring books to children at an orphanage/ sick children at the hospital. Dunzo it (use a local delivery service) if you can't physically go there.
- Take initiative to make breakfast and get your whole family together on the dining table. Make it a whole event. Indulging in family time is a wonderful act of kindness.
12. Leave your waiter a generous tip.
13. Help a neighbour/friend clean their room. Or backyard.
14. Use your savings to fund a child’s education for a whole academic year. You’ll be surprised to know that it’s quite the pocket-friendly deed.
Click to know just how easy it is: https://bit.ly/37BfaCw
15. Get a haircut. Donate your hair after: Way to turn an act of kindness into a cute makeover!
16. Be kind to the environment. Walk/Cycle/Carpool to work instead of taking a cab or an auto
17. Make a kindness pledge/list- one that is flexible and can be practiced at least once every week.
18. Pay for a co-worker’s lunch.
19. Do something kind for yourself. Read a book. Watch an old favorite movie. Eat healthy, gut-friendly foods. Write a letter to your future self. Take a leap you’ve been meaning to.
20. Let people know of the day. Celebrate Kindness.
Super Bowl 2020: Extremity In The Name Of Culture?2 minute
After a great game of an outstanding comeback by Kansas City Chiefs (Vs San Francisco 49ers) in Super Bowl LIV, the crowd seemed to be inclined towards debating a rather isolated issue than the game itself: Was the halftime performance by Hollywood’s beloved superstars Shakira and Jennifer Lopez obscene?
The two set the stage on fire and how! (Although, this might seem to have contradicted the opinion of the majority)
What the audience found and I quote “terribly disturbing”:
The broadcast featured the two stars in costumes showcasing their buttocks, pole dancing and grabbing their crotch multiple times on stage- all interpreted as ruthless objectification of women by two of the most influential women in the world.
A famous reporter of the Golf Channel even went ahead and tweeted: “Stop dancing on a stripper pole on the biggest stage and then complain about how often we get sexualised.. The hypocrisy of wanting to not be seen as sex symbols but then wearing outfits and choosing overtly sexual choreography has me very confused”
An audience full of young parents on the other hand had their own issues with regard to how something like THE Super Bowl, an event supposedly aired for all age groups to enjoy could have a performance such as this as if it were the 'new normal’.
The halftime show featuring Shakira and Jennifer Lopez seemed to garner more buzz than the game itself. (What!?) At some point, little children were showcased in cages- all seen as a political statement about President Trump’s immigration policy - but the whole pole dancing and stimulated sex gestures were viewed as most offensive.
Prolife advocate Abby Johnson tweeted, “On the day of the highest rate of sex trafficking, the NFL says, ‘Hey, let’s have two women dance half naked and get a bunch of zoomed in crotch shots of them. That’s female empowerment!’ Do they have no clue that they just contributed to the commodification of women?” Even though a lot of folks said they loved the energy and called the two Latina’s performances “historic”, the popular opinion seems to have been this: misrepresentation of an entire culture on one of the biggest stages airing worldwide.
The performance might have not appeared to be “family friendly” to a few but did it deserve a statement as harsh as “This exhibition was Pepsi showing young girls that sexual exploitation of women is OK”?