The Woman Inside of Me3 minute
My blog emphasises on power of woman who continues to thrive despite of being offered many difficulties in her life. There are millions of setbacks she goes through yet walks with a smile and pride. A woman is an epitome of resilience and no matter how many roadblocks she encounters on her journey of life, she will succeed, she will grow.
Sometimes peaceful, sometimes chaos, sometimes strengthened, sometimes flawed..The inner me is a place of extreme havoc; arised out of plethora of experiences, life lessons and learning where predicaments is a daily ritual and dilemmas, a mundane task. Yes, I'm fighting many battles together, I'm living a messed up life, but with my chin up and a sense of rigour that tells me everyday, "You will sort it out. My inner voice shouts out saying that nothing can break you, not now and not even in future, for you stand strong and have your own back, you have the potential to come out of this disgraced situation and you have the guts to fight your mental demons; for this is not the first time that you have failed and fallen but it is these multiple times that you will rise and fight back. Till the time you are breathing is the time till when you will sustain and continue to thrive; until this time, you were looking for sympathy from outside, but now you have developed empathy within to direct the people who encounter the same situations daily; for you are the emperor and you are the spirit, you are the warrior and you are the creator of the world you want to live in, so strive daily to make it a happier one!
There have been days of intense toleration and of intense gratification as well. All these things have made me beautiful and enhanced my immunity. Yet I have to continue to grow and survive. Because life is not meant to look behind but march forward. The troubles I have faced have enlightened my soul and awakened my spirit, it has made my life hell and even heaven at times, I owe a lot to the power of karma and to the power of secret, which has helped composed myself for my betterment. Inner me is a lava ready to burst into volcanic eruption but is stabilised by the natural forces and magical Universe, whose only goal is to see me keep going, now and forever.
The inner me doesn’t sweat it anymore for anybody. It believes that love, respect and care is worth giving only when its mutual efforts, one-sided loyalty only hurts you, bit by bit, daily, until you lose it all. It knows that being last on somebody’s priority list itself means that you are not their priority, it won’t wait for anybody’s mercy or acknowledgement, rather create it internally; for self-worth, self-respect and dignity are its prime jewels. It’s on the journey to self-love and soul decoration and denies seeking shelter under anyone who denies providing her that. It’s on a journey of exploration and healing; healing for oneself, so that even others facing the similar misfortune will be healed one day by her.
The world inside me is a place of immense happiness and peace and I’m yet to find it, for so long I have been looking for it externally. I have had plentiful of self-realizations and they whisper into my ears everytime: Your future self is rooting for you, don’t you dare give up!
8 Ways to stay positive and motivated during this pandemic3 minute
If you are like me, you are probably experiencing more stress that usual. Work is different, the Wi-Fi is acting up, and your social life has come to a halt. Stability and predictability are two words that we are unable to resonate with anymore. After a certain point, all of this can get to you. Fear can make you feel powerless. While you cannot control your feelings, thoughts and the Wi-Fi, you definitely can shift your attention towards the things you can control and help restore your sense of confidence.
Make a list of things that you think are in your control (They could be uneventful or extraordinary) and work on them, every single day. I would like to share with you, my list:
- Start a virtual book/movie club: Start your own book club on WhatsApp. Add all the bibliophiles on your contact list. Or if you’re a movie buff, create a group to watch and discuss movies.
- Enhance your skills: Work on advancing your skill! It could be something as mundane as taking up an excel course or something fun like baking. Try to complete at least two online courses this quarantine!
- Work out: You probably saw this coming. But one cannot stress how important it is to work out especially during uncertain times like these, when your anxiety is at its peak and your thoughts don’t let you sleep. Learn new home workouts every day and let the endorphins and serotonin flow into your body.
- Interact (virtually) with your long lost friends and family: Life can get really busy and to be honest it has been. Until now. And we are unable to cope with all the time we have. Talk to all those people you lost touch with and wished you hadn’t (This does not include you ex. DO NOT TEXT THEM!).
- Learn a new make-up routine: I personally feel like, the time I spend wearing make-up is all for me. It is the time I have chosen for myself. It could take you fifty minutes or fifteen minutes. That is YOUR time, you are looking in the mirror and focusing on yourself. So create a new look and wear some mascara because, why not?
- Write a blog on Glo Community: You probably did not see this one coming. But really, put all your thoughts (happy or sad) into words, not only will it help you learn a lot about yourself, but also help you gain awareness of your reality. You will be helping contribute to the WHO Covid-19 fund!
- Limit your news intake: While it is good to be informed at all times, the amount of information can be a double edged sword. So be aware, but also learn to disconnect.
- Do your bit: Last but not the least, everybody reading this is probably doing their part by washing hands regularly and staying home unless absolutely necessary. Every small effort is going to add up and will have a huge impact.
Do not lose hope. Stay positive, stay motivated and please be safe. We are all in this together. 😊
Being 8 Months Pregnant Didn’t Stop This SHERO From Delivering COVID-19 Test Kits To The Nation2 minute
In the battle against coronavirus, India has been criticised time and again for a poor record of testing people. Amidst all of this, there is change set to be brought about, a large part of which is accredited to the one and only virologist - Minal Dakhave Bhosale.
Ms Bhosale headed the team that designed the coronavirus testing kit (called Patho Detect) in India and is also the R&D chief of Mylabs discovery, Pune. She had just been informed of a pregnancy complication in february, right after which despite personal circumstances, willingly took on the assignment of designing the coronavirus test kits.
Up until now, India had to import COVID-19 kits from Germany at Rs.4500 per kit, but the molecular diagnostic company has been successful in creating a kit that is now able to test 100 samples and costs Rs 1,200 - literally a quarter of the cost of COVID-19 testing kits that were being imported.
Besides being relatively much lower than kits imported from outside, the team also achieved COVID-19 testing in just two and a half hours compared to other tests that took no less than 6-7 hours.
What is most fascinating about her story is that Ms Bhosale managed to complete her assignment on time and while being 8 months pregnant, only a couple of hours before she delivered her baby daughter.
In the words of Ms Bhosale (to BCC) : “ It was an emergency, so I took this on as a challenge. I have to serve my nation”. A true inspiration to women across the world and a real team player - a thousand salutes to the women who put her nation first in the most critical of situations.
Minal Dakhave Bhosale- A real life hero, A SHERO, as one may say.