Beauty Hacks every WOMAN should know2 minute
- If you're short on time or beauty supplies, use lipstick to add some color to your eyes, lips and cheeks. Just blend it in so the glow is subtle.
- Have no energy to take your makeup off at night? Keep some makeup remover on your nightstand. Removing your makeup prevents infections and breakouts, so turn to this extra stash in a pinch.
- Having a battle with fly-away hair? For fine hair, spray a little hairspray on a toothbrush (one you don't use to brush your teeth, of course!) to tame fly-aways along the hair line. For coarse or thick hair, spray hairspray directly on the fly-aways and smooth it with a toothbrush.
- Does your lipstick not last all day? Apply lipstick and then hold a tissue over your lips. Lightly dust translucent powder over the tissue.
- Have you had enough with frizzy hair? After a shower, grab an old but soft tee. Then, pat—don't rub—hair dry. This method will help prevent the breakage and frizz you can get after towel drying.
- Is you mascara dried out? Revive dried mascara with a few drops of contact lenses saline solution. Just toss the mascara if it's more than three months old; otherwise, you may get an eye infection.
- Headed out after work but no time to redo your makeup? Spritz on a face mist. It will help absorb any cakey-looking concealer or foundation. You'll be left with skin that appears fresh and dewy.
- Are you out of makeup remover? One of coconut oils many uses is that it can remove cosmetics. Put some on a cotton pad. Wipe over makeup
- Green tea- In addition to being great when it comes to detoxification, green tea is excellent for skin care. This tea eliminates redness and swelling and helps to remove dark circles.
- Long lasting waves- If you don’t want straight hair, but don’t have time to go to the hairdresser and everything you have on hand is the hair straightener – don’t worry. All you need is to make some braids, and then press the hair straightener over them. Spread the braids and here is the hairstyle!
- Mascara is the perfect eyeliner – You go to work and you realize that you have spent eyeliner. Don’t worry, if you have mascara you can solve the problem! If you have an eyeliner brush, simply grab a little mascara and apply above the eyelashes.
- Long lasting perfume- If you want to keep the fragrance of perfumes longer on the skin it is necessary to apply it immediately after the shower as the humidity of the body will help in this.
20 Ideas To Celebrate Random Acts Of Kindness Day 20204 minute
How is that a day such as Valentine’s is glorified to an extent that the biggest hollywood celebrities engage in it so very eagerly but a day that is dedicated solely for the purpose of making the least bit difference and giving back to society barely makes it to the holiday calendar?
Random Act of Kindness week starts on the 17th of february every year and gives you 7 sweet days to do something nice (for a friend, for the society or even for the environment) in a way that not just creates an impact, but multiplies your effort by driving people to do nice, be kind often and remember that deeds are superior if performed for the collective good of people.
20 of the SIMPLEST Ideas to celebrate Random Act Of Kindness Week:
- Compliment a Stranger. A simple “Woah, cool sweater!” could literally make someone’s day, and you would lose nothing.
- Cook for someone who feeds you everyday (Ideally your mom/dad or cook). Every great cook is so used to feeding other people’s bellies everyday and deserves to be pampered with food too- the smile on this person’s face when you cook them a meal will make your day along with theirs.
- Lend a friend one of your favorite reads. It’s a great way of saying “Here’s a piece of me, thanks for existing” - without actually having to say it.
- Write a review. What are the 10 best places to get some kickass biryani? Or which are the most pet-friendly places to visit in your city? Any knowledge is great knowledge - get it up on the gram, or you know, on Glo. I’m sure you’ll at least help one person decide on his next outing.
- Call a lonely relative and attempt to make them laugh.
- Donate Blood- thousands out there need blood. If you don’t know where to begin, look up https://scoophub.in/top-10-best-blood-donation-organizations-in-india/.
- Repost your friend/following’s businesses to spread the word. If they get one extra follower because of you, you’ve succeeded.
- Pick up litter that you didn’t throw out.
- Spend a day at an old age home. Been there, done this and the joy on their faces will bring you happiness that’s truly unmatched.
- Send colouring books to children at an orphanage/ sick children at the hospital. Dunzo it (use a local delivery service) if you can't physically go there.
- Take initiative to make breakfast and get your whole family together on the dining table. Make it a whole event. Indulging in family time is a wonderful act of kindness.
12. Leave your waiter a generous tip.
13. Help a neighbour/friend clean their room. Or backyard.
14. Use your savings to fund a child’s education for a whole academic year. You’ll be surprised to know that it’s quite the pocket-friendly deed.
Click to know just how easy it is: https://bit.ly/37BfaCw
15. Get a haircut. Donate your hair after: Way to turn an act of kindness into a cute makeover!
16. Be kind to the environment. Walk/Cycle/Carpool to work instead of taking a cab or an auto
17. Make a kindness pledge/list- one that is flexible and can be practiced at least once every week.
18. Pay for a co-worker’s lunch.
19. Do something kind for yourself. Read a book. Watch an old favorite movie. Eat healthy, gut-friendly foods. Write a letter to your future self. Take a leap you’ve been meaning to.
20. Let people know of the day. Celebrate Kindness.
Super Bowl 2020: Extremity In The Name Of Culture?2 minute
After a great game of an outstanding comeback by Kansas City Chiefs (Vs San Francisco 49ers) in Super Bowl LIV, the crowd seemed to be inclined towards debating a rather isolated issue than the game itself: Was the halftime performance by Hollywood’s beloved superstars Shakira and Jennifer Lopez obscene?
The two set the stage on fire and how! (Although, this might seem to have contradicted the opinion of the majority)
What the audience found and I quote “terribly disturbing”:
The broadcast featured the two stars in costumes showcasing their buttocks, pole dancing and grabbing their crotch multiple times on stage- all interpreted as ruthless objectification of women by two of the most influential women in the world.
A famous reporter of the Golf Channel even went ahead and tweeted: “Stop dancing on a stripper pole on the biggest stage and then complain about how often we get sexualised.. The hypocrisy of wanting to not be seen as sex symbols but then wearing outfits and choosing overtly sexual choreography has me very confused”
An audience full of young parents on the other hand had their own issues with regard to how something like THE Super Bowl, an event supposedly aired for all age groups to enjoy could have a performance such as this as if it were the 'new normal’.
The halftime show featuring Shakira and Jennifer Lopez seemed to garner more buzz than the game itself. (What!?) At some point, little children were showcased in cages- all seen as a political statement about President Trump’s immigration policy - but the whole pole dancing and stimulated sex gestures were viewed as most offensive.
Prolife advocate Abby Johnson tweeted, “On the day of the highest rate of sex trafficking, the NFL says, ‘Hey, let’s have two women dance half naked and get a bunch of zoomed in crotch shots of them. That’s female empowerment!’ Do they have no clue that they just contributed to the commodification of women?” Even though a lot of folks said they loved the energy and called the two Latina’s performances “historic”, the popular opinion seems to have been this: misrepresentation of an entire culture on one of the biggest stages airing worldwide.
The performance might have not appeared to be “family friendly” to a few but did it deserve a statement as harsh as “This exhibition was Pepsi showing young girls that sexual exploitation of women is OK”?