Things to do with your Gal Pals5 minute
Our BFF’s is the best thing that has ever happened to us, we love hanging out and being around with them. They understand the unsaid things running in our mind that not even our boyfriend would comprehend, they complete our incomplete sentences and songs for us, they know what is right and what is wrong for us especially if it’s drunk-dialling your ex. They always have our backs. Creating memories and tons of memories because there’s nothing like a lot of memories with them, here are a few things that you should do at least once with your Gal Pal-
- Buy twinning clothes-
Having matching clothes like t-shirts or onesies is so awesome. Maybe you can colour co-ordinate on the days you meet or for any special occasion, anyways having matching clothes should definitely be on your list of things to do together.
- Go abroad on a vacation together –
Travelling with your best friend can get really crazy, with having lots of fun to going on a shopping spree and most importantly exploring new places together with them. Going to your favourite destination or her favourite destination and enjoying yourself out there in the company of each other, Oh what more could you ask for.
- Get matching tattoos together –
Another thing that you should have in your list of twinning is getting tattoos done together, you both can either share the same tattoo or get a tattoo that has a meaning to your friendship. Either ways, you both will be tattooing something on yourself for the rest of your life that means something to you and this will only create a strong bond.
- Netflix and Chill the entire weekend –
Who said Netflix and chill is all about sex and boyfriends? the most amazing part of Netflix and chill is when you and your best friend hang out with each other and binge watch your favourite series or an entire series for that matter with lots and lots of food to eat. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!
- best friend capsules –
This might seem really crazy, but trust me creating your own best friend capsules is an adventure of its own. Imagine few years down the lane when you’re growing older and you find your best friend capsule. You reminisce the good old days back and cherish the memories that you’ve had with them. A best friend capsule should definitely be on your list because it is going to be one hell of a memory to look back to.
- Have a tradition of your own –
Making traditions for yourself is a really good idea, it can be as small as going out on every Friday night or watching a series together, it can be as big as a mapping your fingers through the world with your eyes closed and the place you stop becomes your next travel destination. Having a tradition of your own will make the friendship stronger and also both of you will feel attached to each other even though you might not be staying with each other.
- Go on a road-trip –
An empty road, loud music with your favourite playlist and your best friend by your side…Now that is hell lot of fun. You should definitely go on a road trip with your best friend at least once because the feeling of travelling on road is really different. The wind flying through your hair, the road karaoke sessions, mapping and re-mapping the routes but still ending up lost and finding new routes and finding new places. It is one of the best kinds of adventure as well as trip one could as for.
- A relaxing spa day –
Who wouldn’t love a spa date with your best friend? After your hectic daily schedules, making time for yourselves and going to the spa together sounds soothing and relaxing. Getting a hair spa, manicure and pedicure, a fruitful facial and finally ending it with a great massage. Isn’t it already tempting? So, the next time you’re stressed and want to take a break, you know what to do ladies.
- Go to a concert –
Going to a concert and shouting your lungs out while your favourite band is playing sounds magical. We all have a favourite band or artist, and attending their concert has been our dream, but what if you and best friend loved the same band? That would be endless singing sessions and crushing over the same artists. If you want to do something more than that, you can always surprise her with concert tickets.
- Go on a double date –
This might seem very weird, but it can be turn out to be really amazing. Going on a double date or setting up each other on blind dates can sound ridiculous. You both can go out with your dates, and if at all you don’t like them then you have the company of each other that will keep you entertained for the rest of the evening. If you all really hit it off then you’ll most likely be going on couple dates together.
- Playlist of your own songs –
We usually do not show our crazy and wild side to anyone except our best friend, and only they know how weird we are. You and your best friend can have a playlist of your own, like Arijit Singh songs when you’re depressed to hardcore Punjabi songs when you’re happy, From Ed Sheeran songs of love to Michael Jackson’s dance hits. Your own playlist of songs according to your mood, this is something that every BFF should do for each other.
- Own a Polaroid and create memories –
Polaroid cameras are something we all love because of its instant photos. We all should own a polaroid camera and create memories with our best friend. You will be creating tons of memories that you will hold dear for the rest of your life. Maybe you can have a separate corner in your room and hang up all of pictures that you’ve shared with fairy lights sounds magical. A definition of a best friend’s room!
- Go on best friend dates-
Going on dates with your boyfriend is okay, but best friend dates? Hell yeah! You and your best friend should totally hang out and spend time together. You can have endless gossip sessions, stalking random people on Instagram, eating like you just don’t care and lastly because you love each other so much. Sometimes, best friend dates can be very therapeutic and you can completely be yourself when you’re around them.
- Create your own set of bucket list-
All best friends should have their own set of bucket lists, something that they want to do together. They will create a lot of memories and explore a lot of new things on the way to fulfil their bucket list. We definitely recommend all you BFF’S out there to have you very own personalized bucket list because they are personal to you and things which mean a lot to you.
Do tell us what you think about these must do things with your girl bestie, and if you have any experiences or more ideas then do write down to us in the comment section below.
20 Ideas To Celebrate Random Acts Of Kindness Day 20204 minute
How is that a day such as Valentine’s is glorified to an extent that the biggest hollywood celebrities engage in it so very eagerly but a day that is dedicated solely for the purpose of making the least bit difference and giving back to society barely makes it to the holiday calendar?
Random Act of Kindness week starts on the 17th of february every year and gives you 7 sweet days to do something nice (for a friend, for the society or even for the environment) in a way that not just creates an impact, but multiplies your effort by driving people to do nice, be kind often and remember that deeds are superior if performed for the collective good of people.
20 of the SIMPLEST Ideas to celebrate Random Act Of Kindness Week:
- Compliment a Stranger. A simple “Woah, cool sweater!” could literally make someone’s day, and you would lose nothing.
- Cook for someone who feeds you everyday (Ideally your mom/dad or cook). Every great cook is so used to feeding other people’s bellies everyday and deserves to be pampered with food too- the smile on this person’s face when you cook them a meal will make your day along with theirs.
- Lend a friend one of your favorite reads. It’s a great way of saying “Here’s a piece of me, thanks for existing” - without actually having to say it.
- Write a review. What are the 10 best places to get some kickass biryani? Or which are the most pet-friendly places to visit in your city? Any knowledge is great knowledge - get it up on the gram, or you know, on Glo. I’m sure you’ll at least help one person decide on his next outing.
- Call a lonely relative and attempt to make them laugh.
- Donate Blood- thousands out there need blood. If you don’t know where to begin, look up https://scoophub.in/top-10-best-blood-donation-organizations-in-india/.
- Repost your friend/following’s businesses to spread the word. If they get one extra follower because of you, you’ve succeeded.
- Pick up litter that you didn’t throw out.
- Spend a day at an old age home. Been there, done this and the joy on their faces will bring you happiness that’s truly unmatched.
- Send colouring books to children at an orphanage/ sick children at the hospital. Dunzo it (use a local delivery service) if you can't physically go there.
- Take initiative to make breakfast and get your whole family together on the dining table. Make it a whole event. Indulging in family time is a wonderful act of kindness.
12. Leave your waiter a generous tip.
13. Help a neighbour/friend clean their room. Or backyard.
14. Use your savings to fund a child’s education for a whole academic year. You’ll be surprised to know that it’s quite the pocket-friendly deed.
Click to know just how easy it is: https://bit.ly/37BfaCw
15. Get a haircut. Donate your hair after: Way to turn an act of kindness into a cute makeover!
16. Be kind to the environment. Walk/Cycle/Carpool to work instead of taking a cab or an auto
17. Make a kindness pledge/list- one that is flexible and can be practiced at least once every week.
18. Pay for a co-worker’s lunch.
19. Do something kind for yourself. Read a book. Watch an old favorite movie. Eat healthy, gut-friendly foods. Write a letter to your future self. Take a leap you’ve been meaning to.
20. Let people know of the day. Celebrate Kindness.
Super Bowl 2020: Extremity In The Name Of Culture?2 minute
After a great game of an outstanding comeback by Kansas City Chiefs (Vs San Francisco 49ers) in Super Bowl LIV, the crowd seemed to be inclined towards debating a rather isolated issue than the game itself: Was the halftime performance by Hollywood’s beloved superstars Shakira and Jennifer Lopez obscene?
The two set the stage on fire and how! (Although, this might seem to have contradicted the opinion of the majority)
What the audience found and I quote “terribly disturbing”:
The broadcast featured the two stars in costumes showcasing their buttocks, pole dancing and grabbing their crotch multiple times on stage- all interpreted as ruthless objectification of women by two of the most influential women in the world.
A famous reporter of the Golf Channel even went ahead and tweeted: “Stop dancing on a stripper pole on the biggest stage and then complain about how often we get sexualised.. The hypocrisy of wanting to not be seen as sex symbols but then wearing outfits and choosing overtly sexual choreography has me very confused”
An audience full of young parents on the other hand had their own issues with regard to how something like THE Super Bowl, an event supposedly aired for all age groups to enjoy could have a performance such as this as if it were the 'new normal’.
The halftime show featuring Shakira and Jennifer Lopez seemed to garner more buzz than the game itself. (What!?) At some point, little children were showcased in cages- all seen as a political statement about President Trump’s immigration policy - but the whole pole dancing and stimulated sex gestures were viewed as most offensive.
Prolife advocate Abby Johnson tweeted, “On the day of the highest rate of sex trafficking, the NFL says, ‘Hey, let’s have two women dance half naked and get a bunch of zoomed in crotch shots of them. That’s female empowerment!’ Do they have no clue that they just contributed to the commodification of women?” Even though a lot of folks said they loved the energy and called the two Latina’s performances “historic”, the popular opinion seems to have been this: misrepresentation of an entire culture on one of the biggest stages airing worldwide.
The performance might have not appeared to be “family friendly” to a few but did it deserve a statement as harsh as “This exhibition was Pepsi showing young girls that sexual exploitation of women is OK”?