Things to do with your Gal Pals5 minute
Our BFF’s is the best thing that has ever happened to us, we love hanging out and being around with them. They understand the unsaid things running in our mind that not even our boyfriend would comprehend, they complete our incomplete sentences and songs for us, they know what is right and what is wrong for us especially if it’s drunk-dialling your ex. They always have our backs. Creating memories and tons of memories because there’s nothing like a lot of memories with them, here are a few things that you should do at least once with your Gal Pal-
- Buy twinning clothes-
Having matching clothes like t-shirts or onesies is so awesome. Maybe you can colour co-ordinate on the days you meet or for any special occasion, anyways having matching clothes should definitely be on your list of things to do together.
- Go abroad on a vacation together –
Travelling with your best friend can get really crazy, with having lots of fun to going on a shopping spree and most importantly exploring new places together with them. Going to your favourite destination or her favourite destination and enjoying yourself out there in the company of each other, Oh what more could you ask for.
- Get matching tattoos together –
Another thing that you should have in your list of twinning is getting tattoos done together, you both can either share the same tattoo or get a tattoo that has a meaning to your friendship. Either ways, you both will be tattooing something on yourself for the rest of your life that means something to you and this will only create a strong bond.
- Netflix and Chill the entire weekend –
Who said Netflix and chill is all about sex and boyfriends? the most amazing part of Netflix and chill is when you and your best friend hang out with each other and binge watch your favourite series or an entire series for that matter with lots and lots of food to eat. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me!
- best friend capsules –
This might seem really crazy, but trust me creating your own best friend capsules is an adventure of its own. Imagine few years down the lane when you’re growing older and you find your best friend capsule. You reminisce the good old days back and cherish the memories that you’ve had with them. A best friend capsule should definitely be on your list because it is going to be one hell of a memory to look back to.
- Have a tradition of your own –
Making traditions for yourself is a really good idea, it can be as small as going out on every Friday night or watching a series together, it can be as big as a mapping your fingers through the world with your eyes closed and the place you stop becomes your next travel destination. Having a tradition of your own will make the friendship stronger and also both of you will feel attached to each other even though you might not be staying with each other.
- Go on a road-trip –
An empty road, loud music with your favourite playlist and your best friend by your side…Now that is hell lot of fun. You should definitely go on a road trip with your best friend at least once because the feeling of travelling on road is really different. The wind flying through your hair, the road karaoke sessions, mapping and re-mapping the routes but still ending up lost and finding new routes and finding new places. It is one of the best kinds of adventure as well as trip one could as for.
- A relaxing spa day –
Who wouldn’t love a spa date with your best friend? After your hectic daily schedules, making time for yourselves and going to the spa together sounds soothing and relaxing. Getting a hair spa, manicure and pedicure, a fruitful facial and finally ending it with a great massage. Isn’t it already tempting? So, the next time you’re stressed and want to take a break, you know what to do ladies.
- Go to a concert –
Going to a concert and shouting your lungs out while your favourite band is playing sounds magical. We all have a favourite band or artist, and attending their concert has been our dream, but what if you and best friend loved the same band? That would be endless singing sessions and crushing over the same artists. If you want to do something more than that, you can always surprise her with concert tickets.
- Go on a double date –
This might seem very weird, but it can be turn out to be really amazing. Going on a double date or setting up each other on blind dates can sound ridiculous. You both can go out with your dates, and if at all you don’t like them then you have the company of each other that will keep you entertained for the rest of the evening. If you all really hit it off then you’ll most likely be going on couple dates together.
- Playlist of your own songs –
We usually do not show our crazy and wild side to anyone except our best friend, and only they know how weird we are. You and your best friend can have a playlist of your own, like Arijit Singh songs when you’re depressed to hardcore Punjabi songs when you’re happy, From Ed Sheeran songs of love to Michael Jackson’s dance hits. Your own playlist of songs according to your mood, this is something that every BFF should do for each other.
- Own a Polaroid and create memories –
Polaroid cameras are something we all love because of its instant photos. We all should own a polaroid camera and create memories with our best friend. You will be creating tons of memories that you will hold dear for the rest of your life. Maybe you can have a separate corner in your room and hang up all of pictures that you’ve shared with fairy lights sounds magical. A definition of a best friend’s room!
- Go on best friend dates-
Going on dates with your boyfriend is okay, but best friend dates? Hell yeah! You and your best friend should totally hang out and spend time together. You can have endless gossip sessions, stalking random people on Instagram, eating like you just don’t care and lastly because you love each other so much. Sometimes, best friend dates can be very therapeutic and you can completely be yourself when you’re around them.
- Create your own set of bucket list-
All best friends should have their own set of bucket lists, something that they want to do together. They will create a lot of memories and explore a lot of new things on the way to fulfil their bucket list. We definitely recommend all you BFF’S out there to have you very own personalized bucket list because they are personal to you and things which mean a lot to you.
Do tell us what you think about these must do things with your girl bestie, and if you have any experiences or more ideas then do write down to us in the comment section below.
8 Ways to stay positive and motivated during this pandemic3 minute
If you are like me, you are probably experiencing more stress that usual. Work is different, the Wi-Fi is acting up, and your social life has come to a halt. Stability and predictability are two words that we are unable to resonate with anymore. After a certain point, all of this can get to you. Fear can make you feel powerless. While you cannot control your feelings, thoughts and the Wi-Fi, you definitely can shift your attention towards the things you can control and help restore your sense of confidence.
Make a list of things that you think are in your control (They could be uneventful or extraordinary) and work on them, every single day. I would like to share with you, my list:
- Start a virtual book/movie club: Start your own book club on WhatsApp. Add all the bibliophiles on your contact list. Or if you’re a movie buff, create a group to watch and discuss movies.
- Enhance your skills: Work on advancing your skill! It could be something as mundane as taking up an excel course or something fun like baking. Try to complete at least two online courses this quarantine!
- Work out: You probably saw this coming. But one cannot stress how important it is to work out especially during uncertain times like these, when your anxiety is at its peak and your thoughts don’t let you sleep. Learn new home workouts every day and let the endorphins and serotonin flow into your body.
- Interact (virtually) with your long lost friends and family: Life can get really busy and to be honest it has been. Until now. And we are unable to cope with all the time we have. Talk to all those people you lost touch with and wished you hadn’t (This does not include you ex. DO NOT TEXT THEM!).
- Learn a new make-up routine: I personally feel like, the time I spend wearing make-up is all for me. It is the time I have chosen for myself. It could take you fifty minutes or fifteen minutes. That is YOUR time, you are looking in the mirror and focusing on yourself. So create a new look and wear some mascara because, why not?
- Write a blog on Glo Community: You probably did not see this one coming. But really, put all your thoughts (happy or sad) into words, not only will it help you learn a lot about yourself, but also help you gain awareness of your reality. You will be helping contribute to the WHO Covid-19 fund!
- Limit your news intake: While it is good to be informed at all times, the amount of information can be a double edged sword. So be aware, but also learn to disconnect.
- Do your bit: Last but not the least, everybody reading this is probably doing their part by washing hands regularly and staying home unless absolutely necessary. Every small effort is going to add up and will have a huge impact.
Do not lose hope. Stay positive, stay motivated and please be safe. We are all in this together. 😊
Being 8 Months Pregnant Didn’t Stop This SHERO From Delivering COVID-19 Test Kits To The Nation2 minute
In the battle against coronavirus, India has been criticised time and again for a poor record of testing people. Amidst all of this, there is change set to be brought about, a large part of which is accredited to the one and only virologist - Minal Dakhave Bhosale.
Ms Bhosale headed the team that designed the coronavirus testing kit (called Patho Detect) in India and is also the R&D chief of Mylabs discovery, Pune. She had just been informed of a pregnancy complication in february, right after which despite personal circumstances, willingly took on the assignment of designing the coronavirus test kits.
Up until now, India had to import COVID-19 kits from Germany at Rs.4500 per kit, but the molecular diagnostic company has been successful in creating a kit that is now able to test 100 samples and costs Rs 1,200 - literally a quarter of the cost of COVID-19 testing kits that were being imported.
Besides being relatively much lower than kits imported from outside, the team also achieved COVID-19 testing in just two and a half hours compared to other tests that took no less than 6-7 hours.
What is most fascinating about her story is that Ms Bhosale managed to complete her assignment on time and while being 8 months pregnant, only a couple of hours before she delivered her baby daughter.
In the words of Ms Bhosale (to BCC) : “ It was an emergency, so I took this on as a challenge. I have to serve my nation”. A true inspiration to women across the world and a real team player - a thousand salutes to the women who put her nation first in the most critical of situations.
Minal Dakhave Bhosale- A real life hero, A SHERO, as one may say.